Have you ever had Chinese BBQ pork aka Char Siu? It's sweet and savory, and if you get it from really good poultry shop, it will be super flavorful! If don't buy it from the right Chinese poultry shop though, it can be too fat or so lean that it's rough. Well tonight, I'd decided to make Chinese style BBQ chicken instead. I decided to use drumstick because it's so tender and so juicy...and well, it was also on sale!
I got this recipe from my mom. She used to make it with chicken wings whenever she knows she's short for time to make dinner. The recipe is super simple. The aroma that the BBQ sauce released was insanely good. I was salivating while waiting for it to bake.
1 cup of Chinese BBQ sauce/ Char Siu Sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp warm water
1. Marinade the drumsticks a day or a few hours ahead by mixing the chicken with the Chinese BBQ sauce.
2. Cover and refridgerate until ready to bake.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. Wrap a baking sheet with foil and place the drumsticks on it.
5. In a bowl with a brush, mix the honey and water together.
6. After baking the drumsticks for 40 minutes, pull it out and brush them with honey water mixture.
7. Bake for another 5 minutes until skin is crisp.