These cookies are great for a low carb as well as low calories diet. This recipe is same as making meringue but minus the cream of tartar. If you want to have a harder meringue-liked texture, just add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar to the recipe below.
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Serving per Recipe: 2 cookies
Calories Per Serving: 19 calories
2 egg whites
1/4 cup of sugar substitute
2 tbsp cocoa unsweeten powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat 250 degree oven.
2. Whisk egg white and cream of tartar together with an electric mixer at high speed.
3. Once the egg whites form soft peaks and hold their shape when lift, add in sugar substitute.
4. When peaks form stiffly, whisk in cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
5. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
6. Fill a pastry bag with the mixture (if you don't have a pastry bag or pipe, use a regular zip lock bag and cut a corner at an angle). Pipe out 20 cookies onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until cookies are crisp and dry.