Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sprinkles Cupcakes

393 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA
(650) 323-9300
http://www.sprinkles.com/

When I found out Sprinkles Cupcakes had a new location in Palo Alto, I was dying to go try one. My first encounter with a Sprinkles cupcake was when my friend bought a box to share. Oh joy! Even though I never seen the shop then, I was happy. The cupcakes were huge! Topped with heavy buttercream, I thought it weight a pound!  I love getting red velvet cupcake as a default when I try new cupcake places, and that was exactly what my friend bought--red velvet! Goodie!

The cupcake was so big, I had to open my mouth wide to ensure I get a bit of the cake and the frosting. The cream cheese frosting was overwhelming. It was fluffy but heavily sweet. The cake was moist and fluffy also. I really enjoy the cake!

Half a year later, today, I went to Sprinkles so I could bring my friends some Sprinkles Cupcakes. The shop was small. Upon entering the door, the cupcake display was there to greet you. It completely stole my attention. Racks with colorful, flavorful cupcakes. I aimmed to buy four cupcakes, but with Sprinkles offering nine daily flavors and fifteen different flavors that appear on different days of the week, I knew this was going to be a difficult decision. Thanks goodness the line was long, so I had time to stare at the display for awhile.


I ended up getting an orange flavor one for my friend who loves orange, a cinnamon sugar for my friend who loves sugar, a chocolate marshmallow because it sounds good and a lemon coconut for myself. They were all very good by the way, but again, very, very sweet and heavy. I just needed to take half of the frosting off.

So after eating Sprinkles twice, I have learned something new. Sprinkles cupcakes are delicious but overwhelming. Oh yes, and the process of eating and sharing Sprinkles with your friends is a joyful experience. With that said, it is a perfect treat to have your friends and yourself to buy different flavors and just share. You get different taste of every flavor there is, and get your belly filled with goody goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment