Monday, October 11, 2010

Ti Couz

3108 16th St
San Francisco, CA94103
(415) 252-7373

Like pho, crepe is another one of my comfort food. I think it's because it usually contains cheese or sauce. It's warm, gooey, soft, hearty and delicious! I am used to going to places like Squat and Gobble, Crepevine, Crepeville, etc, but it was nothing like Ti Couz.

Ti Couz is a French crepery located in the Mission District. The door front was hard to spot because I swear, I'd passed by it so many times but never noticed it until I decided to look up where it is and go. The service there was awesome. The waiter is pretty helpful and attentative. I'd been to Ti Couz two times, and both times, they left a big jar of water in case I wanted more.

Buckwheat Crepe with Mushrooms and Mushroom Sauce

I first heard of this from my coworker Kathy. She highly recommended it, especially the mushroom sauce. Then after checking out Yelp, many Yelpers said the same great things about the mushroom sauce being a must try. I personally love mushroom, so there was no doubt that this was my very first Ti Couz order. The crepe was folded in square-form with a thin later of mushroom stuffing inside and warm creamy mushroom sauce on the outside. The crepe itself was made with buckwheat and is crunchy around the edge and soft around the center. The buckwheat crepe itself already possess tons of flavor! I can eat it like bread or crackers! The mushroom sauce was very rich in mushroom flavor but was a bit too salty for my taste. So, the second time, I order a crepe with a side of mushroom sauce.


The crepe itself looks flat, but it was stuffed with mushroom.

Buckwheat Crepe with Egg, Ham and Cheese

This is another one of my favorite. It tasted great without any sauce whatsoever. It was simple and very hearty. The crepe was extra crunchy on this one since the stuffing was much dryer. The egg was made sunnyside up with a perfectly bright and runny yolk, which acted like a sauce itself.

I think I will come back here indefinitely! There are many varieties and combinations on the menu that you can create yourself. Ti Couz also serves fresh juices, Italian soda as well as beer and wine...so it's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment