Monday, August 30, 2010

Oreo Cupcakes

This cupcake was inspired by the ever delicious Anthony's Cookies 'N Cream cookie. It's one of the chewiest and freshest cookies I'd ever had. I personally think that Oreo cookies by itself are already overly sweet, so I was expecting the ones from Anthony's would be overly sweet also, but it wasn't. It was perfect! The cookie wasn't big also, it was a little bigger than a bite size which was perfect for satisfying my sweet tooth.

Anyhow, onto the cupcake! So the cupcake itself contains crushed oreos. I didn't add as much sugar in this cupcake since I think it would put my sugar level beyond what my tongue and body can handle. I use both the cookie and cream fillings of Oreos, so right away I knew the batter would be thicker. I should have added a little less flour, but I didn't, so the cake was a bit on a denser side but still moist though.
The frosting on the cupcake is just vanilla buttercream but I made it runnier than the average ones so that it can be creamier. Lastly, I sprinkled some crushed Oreo cookie crumbs onto the frosting and garnished it with 1/4 of an Oreo cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment