Monday, August 9, 2010

Pot Pot Pot Pot Pie!!!

Pot Pie Paradise
3522 Arden Road, Hayward, CA
(510)781-4994
http://potpieparadise.com/

My coworkers went to Pot Pie Paradise on the first week that our work moved to Hayward. It was the only restaurant we found in the area that serve decent and creative food...all in a pot pie! The restaurant was nothing fancy. The interior reminded me of a deli and Indian or Persian restaurants for some reasons. But other than that, unless you drive really slow and happen to see the sign, otherwise, it's like a pin in a sand pit because it is surrounded by warehouses.

The first time I'd been to Pot Pie Paradise, I ordered a sandwich. It was nothing special. Two months after the move, I finally decided to try a pot pie there.
Piccata Mushroom Vegan Pot Pie -- Assorted fresh mushrooms (shitake, button, oyster, portobello), capers, lemon juice, orzo, olive oil, onion, garlic, fresh herbs.

Wow, this pot pie tasted amazing! I am surprised how flavorful it is without using any butter and cream in the filling. But yeah, the vegan part only applies to the filling, I am sure the pie crust contains butter. The crust was flakey but wasn't flakey as I expected it to be. Oh yes, so this place charges 50 cents more if you want your pot pie hot, even when you were to dine in. I mean it was fine until I found out that all they did was take out a pre-made homemade pie and just put it in the microwave.

Broccoli Raisin Salad

For $1.50 more, you can get a side salad or soup with your pot pie. I decided to get a salad. Pot Pie Paradise has many side salad to choose from, like the Broccoli Raisin one above, as well as regular garden salad, caesar salad, fruit salad, pasta salad, etc. My Broccoli Raisin Salad was pretty good...crunchy broccoli and chewy raisin. The dressing was light even though it's creamy in color. This definitely worthed my $1.50.

Since there are so many unique pot pie variety to choose from and they also serve sandwiches and salad, I am sure I'll be going back to try something else! Also, it's probably one of the best restaraunts I have so close to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment