Friday, May 29, 2009

T-Rex Barbeque...RAWRRR!

1300 10th Street, Berkeley, CA
(510)527-0099
http://www.t-rex-bbq.com/

My boyfriend and I came here really hungry on a late Friday night for my early birthday celebration. Stepping into T-Rex, I was greeted and seated right away. It was emptying out already since it was quite late for dinner. Although those who remained seemed very chilled. The seats make place look very layback also, one side with the connected cushioned seat and the other with movable ones. The restaurant has a bar and big television broadcasting sport.

T-Rex's offer pretty simple appetizers but simple enough that it can be made different ways depends on the restaurant. These include devilled eggs, beef jerkey, fried oysters, and calamari. Entrees consist of mainly barbeque meat, mainly chicken and pork. As mentioned on the website, their meat are antibiotic and hormone free, and their fish is sustainable. It also offers salad, which includes unique ingredients such as Pt. Reyes blue cheese, dungeness crab, smoked trout and fennel. Also, T-Rex uses organic ingredients whenever possible.

After looking at the menu for awhile, my boyfriend and I decided to order Bone-in Chicken Breast with BBQ Sauce, Fried Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese with Aged Cheddar and Parmesan, and Belma Buckett's Cornbread with Honey Butter.


Belma Buckett's Cornbread with Honey Butter - I am never a fan of cornbread because a lot of times, it's either too dry or too moist that it crumbles apart. T-Rex's cornbread is nothing like the two I just described. It is so moist but hold its shape at the same time. T-Rex drizzles honey butter all over it before serving, so it was perfect when it gets to the table.


Macaroni and Cheese with Aged Cheddar and Parmesan - Funny thing, I am never a fan of mac and cheese either. It is usually overly cheesy that one bite and I'm stuffed. T-Rex's was different, I couldn't stop eating it. The cheddar and parmesan combination was delicious! Oh yes, they use shell shaped pasta instead of bow-shape, so it holds in lots of cheese in every bite.


Fried Chicken - Even though the chicken is fried, it seemed and tasted more grilled to me. I had a bit of it, and I was suprised that it was really moist and not overly oily. The mashed potato was a bit too creamy for my taste though.

Bone-in Chicken Breast - This was okay, nothing overly excited about. It was a little dry but still easy to chew. It comes with barbeque sauce on the side. The bbq sauce was okay, nothing too excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment