So making vegan cupcakes have nothing to do with me being vegan, since I do plan to make a buttercream with butter. Finally I met the inevitable...I need to make buttercream with a handheld mixer or a stand mixer. I finally opened my stand mixer from its box. I didn't want to use handheld mixer this time since I injured my wrist a few days ago. Anyhow, I love my stand mixer. It makes buttercream so fast and work-free.
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Mix in the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water to the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Divide into muffin pan evenly, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.