Friday, January 28, 2011

Aunt Helen's Birthday Cake

A week ago, my cousin asked me to make her mom's birthday cake. I didn't know what design to make but I know I want it to look like one of those Chinese birthday cake. I decided to make a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fresh blueberries inside and vanilla whipped cream frosting on the outside.

I also decided to make a baby Winnie the pooh and a bunny for the year of the rabbit.


The cake was great and I drove it all the way to SF with no problem. But when I was unloading it from the car, the handle of the cake box I put it in broke, and the cake just slammed onto box in the back of my car. Luckily, my cake was durable enough to withstand the fall! Other than that, some of the whipped cream got scraped off onto the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment