Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chocolate Truffles

The holiday is coming up! Besides holiday specialties such as gingerbread, eggnog, peppermint bark, all I can think of is chocolate!

I'm usually not a big fan of chocolates, but during winter time, I always have this image of myself sitting at the fireplace with a blanket, sipping on hot cocoa and nibbling on s'more! Chocolates and more chocolates!

Last year, I gave my coworkers mini packages of Godiva's chocolate covered dried strawberry. I love chocolate covers fresh strawberry but strawberries are not in season. This year I want to get them chocolates too. But instead of buying them chocolates, I am going to make them. I mean I don't mind buying Godiva's, but it's just so much fun coming up with truffle ideas. Due to time constraints and convenience today, I narrowed them down to just four.

So today's truffles menu includes:

White Chocolate Strawberry Cream: white chocolate shell filled with choco-strawberry cream and pieces of freeze-dried strawberries.
White Chocolate Honey Green Tea: White chocolate shell filled with honey and green tea cream.


Dark Chocolate Brownie: Dark chocolate covered dark chocolate brownie


Dark Chocolate with Organic Cocoa Bits: Dark chocolate covered organic cocoa bits.


I should have use red and gold ribbons! Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment