Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dohatsuten Ramen

43691 Mission Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510) 668-0959

On a hot and sunny afternoon, I suddenly had an odd craving for a bowl of hot ramen. I love ramen but I usually prefer one on a cold day. So on this late Sunday afternoon, I went to the quiet, secluded area in Fremont right next to Ohlone College. The place was small and illuminated by the natural sunlight. The joint looked perfect for a quick after class hunger fix. I ordered the Dohatsuten ramen with the soy broth. My order came almost immediately. The bowl of ramen was pretty small, but it smelled very delicious. The broth was pretty oily and rich in color and favor. The ramen was topped with shredded korean chili, green onions, bamboo shoots, a piece of seaweed, minced pork and chashu.

Dohatsuten Ramen with Shoyu Broth

The ramen looked pretty traditional and ordinary, and the only innovative touch was the added minced pork, which resembled those found in the Chinese's Tan Tan noodle or Ma Po Tofu dish. The minced meat addition was good though--it added extra texture to the bite of noodle and soup. The ramen noodle was chewy and held the broth flavor pretty well. Overall, it was pretty flavorful. The sliced chashu was even in the meat and fat portion. The items on the menu were also on the expensive side. As much as I enjoyed it, I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I would go back if I'm near the area though.

No comments:

Post a Comment