Sunday, June 26, 2011

Foreign Cinema

2534 Mission St
(between 21st St & 22nd St)
San Francisco, CA 94110

I had heard so much about Foreign Cinema before I tried it myself. Movie screen, modern decor and delicious food that can perfect a night at a restaurant. Upon entering the restaurant, a tall man in Charlie Chaplin's style of suit directed me to the table. Then the waitress immediately arrived after that and made great suggestions in wine as well as food.

The night was still young with natural sun light and with the warmth from the heating lamp, I did not hestitate to order a glass of Chardonnay. Shortly after followed by appetitizers, entrees and desserts.

For appetitzer, I ordered the tuna tartare tostadas, garden cucumber, shell bean puree, wasabi tobiko. The tostadas balanced the mushiness of the fish; and the cucumber added a very fresh and refreshing taste to the fish. I really like it!

Tuna Tostada

For entree, my friend Victor ordered the sesame fried chicken. The sesame made the coating crunchier and toastier. It's by far one of the best fried chickens I had.

Sesame Coated Fried Chicken
I ordered the seafood cioppino. The sauce was very watery, and it tasted pretty fishy. I would not recommend it.

Seafood Cioppino

For dessert, we had the creme brulee. It was nothing special, very typical, rich and creamy.

Creme Brulee
I definitely would go back to this place for the atmosphere, movie and fried chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment