Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yuzu Sushi & Grill

54 37th Ave
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650) 358-0298

Yuzu is located on the more quiet side of San Mateo. The street was dim, and so was the outside of this shop. Yuzu is a small sushi shop that only consists of about 6 tables and a small sushi bar. The place smells like grill and grease, which was a bit turn off for me.

My friends and I came right on time before happy hour ends. We ordered oysters and shrimp tempura that costs a dollar each. We also ordered a scallop salad, which was very delicious.

Scallop Salad

I ordered the sushi combo B with chef's choice of 10 pieces of sushi and shrimp head soup for $28. The restaurant is at the pricer side. I should have told the waitress what not to give me. I love raw fish, but I just cannot stand the texture of  raw shrimp and raw "fish" that has tenacles, which includes octopus, squid and cuttlefish. Sadly, my order came with raw shrimp (amaebi) and squid.

Chef's Choice B
The fish here is mediocore. The fishes are fresh but lack colors. Also the cuts of the fish are a little sloppy.

My friend ordered the stone pot fried rice, which sounded very good. But to our surprise, it was super fishy. We didn't really enjoy it.

I think I would definitely come back for the happy hour shrimp tempura and maybe some soju with it. I'm not sure about ordering the combo again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment