I felt like doughnut the other night, and it was freezing cold outside, so I decided to make my own. This recipe is so fast and easy, it makes getting and eating a doughnut much pleasurable!
This recipe does not contain yeast, so the texture is a little more bready, which tastes more like a Chinese sweet doughnut than the American kind.
~ makes 24
1 cup granuated sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk
3 tablespoon melted butter
vegetable oil for frying
some granuated or confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. Sift together sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flour.
2. Beat eggs thoroughly, then stir into dry ingredients.
3. Add milk and melted butter.
4. Roll about 1/2 inch thick on a floured board and cut with a donut cutter or round cooking cutter. The donut will puff up when fried.
5. Fry several at a time in 375 degree F oil until browned.
6. Drain on a paper towels.
7. Dust with granuated or confectioner's sugar.