Monday, November 16, 2009

Salad Soy Wrappers

I felt inspired to make a bunch of hors d'oeuvres the other day after thinking about how the holiday is coming soon, and how much I want to host a mini party consists of only cocktails and finger food.

I then started to think beyond my wildest dreams about how I can convert every kind of food into finger food...all I have to do is just shrink them and make them portable and easy to eat!

The first thing that came to my mind about a meal is appetizer and salad. While appetizer is quite easy to make into hors d'oeuvres, salad is the challenging part. I then remember Vietnamese Summer Roll usually consists of lettuce in it, so does Chinese chop suey...which lead me to think of salad in a wrapper!!


Chopping everything as small as possible is the key...this includes the lettuce. In this salad, I used pretty simple and healthy ingredients: romaine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, canadian bacon, tomato and hard boiled egg white.

I would eat it out of a small bowl, but that's not the purpose right now.
Salad in a sesame flavored soy wrapper.

Salad in a spinach flavor soy wrapper.

Finished product sealed with green onion--Salad Soy Wrappers

No comments:

Post a Comment