The other night I made some mini vanilla cupcakes and green tea cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and green tea buttercream frosting. I love mini food figures and models, same for real food of course! They are too cute!
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe (makes 12 mini cupcakes)
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup graduated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold milk
1. preheat oven to 350 degree F, and line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar with mixer until creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Mix in the dry mixture to the butter one.
6. Stir in milk.
7. Pour batter into liners about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool cupcakes completely and frost them.
Basic Vanilla Buttercream (makes 2 cups)
6 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat butter with mixer on high speed until pale and creamy.
2. Reduce speed to medium. Add sugar a little at a time.
3. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before use.