Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras at Creola

Creola
344 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 654-0882
 
My coworkers and I went to Creola for dinner one night, and it happened to be Mardi Gras! Upon entering, the restaurant hung a lot of the purple, green and gold decorations, and there was a live band playing in the back. After we got seated, the waitress brought out some beads for us.
 
We ordered a bunch of appetizers to share and then our own entree.

The shrimps in Shrimp Bourbon Street are huge! Very juicy but lacks a little flavor.
 
Shrimp Bourbon
The Crawfish Hush Puppies are very soft and the sauce is so good with it. I thought there are crawfish in the hush puppies but they're only in the sauce.
 
Crawfish Hush Puppies
The Oyster En Brochette is one of the best oysters I had. It was soft, flavorful and not mushy at all!

I ordered the Wasabi Crusted Ahi for my entree, and it was grilled perfectly. The wasabi crust was soft, mushy and spicy but does not have that nasal-clearing effect at all. The soy glace was so good! I couldn't stop dipping my tuna into it. The portion was huge! I never seen such a big piece of ahi tuna served before! Very worth it.
 
Wasabi Crusted Ahi
Even though I was stuffed after my entree, I couldn't resist ordering beignets for dessert. Warm and fluffy but not as fluffy as expected. The mangoes sauce was a bit too mild, it would be nice if it's more flavorful.

Oh yes, and don't forget to order some beer. I never finish a bottle of beer before, but I finished one at this place! I really like the Ambita Purple Haze, it's like a sweet light beer brewed with berries, so it's very easy to drink. If you want something stronger, get the Ambita Amber, much more hoppy.
 

For Mardi Gras, the house gave us a King Cake, and whoever got the slice with a plastic baby in it gets a free t-shirt! It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment