Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fran's Chocolate

1325 1st Ave., Seattle, WA--(206) 682-0168,
2626 NE University Village St, Seattle, WA -- (206) 528-9969,
10036 Main St, Bellevue, WA --(425) 453-1698
http://www.franschocolates.com/home.php

They are gooey, sweet...stick to your teeth and has a tint of saltiness--I'm talking about salted caramel. Okay, when it comes to salted caramel, I heard some about Fran's Chocolate. Ever since my friend Ei-lun tweeted about it and my friend Mei posted a picture on her tweetpic. I knew I had to try some...like just one (because I am not really a caramel fan...besides Twix). Then I found out Fran's Chocolate offers a milk chocolate caramel with smoked salt and a dark chocolate with grey salt...then I knew I had to try two!


When Mei's birthday and my coworker Dezirae's birthday came around, I knew I had an excuse to actually order them. I made it sounds dreadful orderng them just for myself because Fran's Chocolate is located in Washington. So the only way for me to get them is to order them online with a shipping fee, since it has to be 2 days or overnight shipping to ensure freshness! But yup, I am willing to do that if it's for someone else. Yay!

The packaging is amazing--very fancy and green. The salted caramel? Delicious! The chocolate coating was thin and light, and I love how the chocolate wasn't too sweet since the caramel center is already sweet enough to compensate. The salt was not overly salty either--so it was well balanced with the chocolate and caramel. By popping the whole piece into my mouth, or eating it bite by bite, I can still taste the chocolate, the caramel and the salt distinctively.

Maybe if I'm ever in Washington, I will try their other chocolate product as well. For now, the salted caramel is enough to keep my sweet tooth happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment