Friday, January 8, 2010

Shana Thai Restaurant

311 Moffett Blvd #A
Mountain View, CA
(650)940-9990

One of my friends picked this place for our dinner meetup. This place is located at a corner on the quieter side of downtown Mountain View. The restaurant is pretty roomy and dim. The table were lined with white parchment papers on top of white table cloth with an appetizer dish and utensils.
The menu consists of common Thai food that can be found in other restaurant as well as unique ones. The price was pretty decent also, average at about $10 per entree plate depends on whether you order your entree with seafood or not.

For appetizer, my friends and I ordered Fried Calamari.

Fried Calamari - This is definitely one of the best Thai fried calamari I had. The batter was golden brown and crispy and the squid was chewy but easily chewed apart. The calamari was not overly drenched in oil.
Papaya Salad - I never tried papaya salad in a Thai Restaurant before, so I was glad my friend ordered it. It tasted so refreshing! The papaya and lettuce was very crispy. The lime dressing was very light, spicy and tangy. The added purple cabbage, carrots and tomato definitely added some colors to this divine salad!

Pad Kee Mao with Beef - I love Pad Kee Mao, so I am very picky about it. It has to have a certain kind of chili taste and spice to it, and this one is just perfect. It is not as good as my favorite one from Davis but very, very close and similar.

Pumpkin Curry with Chicken - This is the dish that jumps out the most to me the most on the menu. Pumpkin Curry? Wow, I must try and I was glad I did. It was so good! It tasted similar to Thai red curry but way spicer.

The service was great. Our waiter kept coming back to fill our water and asked how is everything throughout the meal.

All in all, it was a really great meal! I was craving for the stuff I ate the whole week after. I would also definitely want to come back when I want some Thai food in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment