Monday, March 8, 2010

Incanto's Leg of Beast Feast

1550 Church St, San Francisco, CA
(415) 641-4500
http://www.incanto.biz/

My friends and I went to Incanto for the Leg of Beast dinner, which was either centered around a beef shank or ham. The dinner can only be booked with a party of 6 to10 people.

Incanto is a dim, clean candle lit Italian restaurant located in the Noe Valley's neighborhood. Literally when you look outside the restaurant, the clean streets are filled with houses and apartments. The service was awesome! Our waiter was more than helpful and carried many great conversation with us.

The Leg of Beast dinner starts with some delicious breads and breadsticks!

[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Assorted breads

[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Boccalone antipoasto platter - house cured meat, grilled garlic and turnips
[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Winter chicories, balsamic & Parmigiano Reggiano

[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Roasted Marrow Bones (God's Butter)

OMG, this is indeed "God's butter". It's so rich and so flavorful. I spreaded this on the bread it came with and mixed it into my beef shank and it tasted so good with everything!
[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Braised Beef Shank with Boccalone mustard & fresh horseadish

Picture doesn't do justice, this shank is big than it looks. The meat was very tasty and quite tender than it could be pull of the bone very easily. But it was nothing too special, at times, it seemed dried to me.

The sides include:
[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
 Duck Fat-Roasted Parsnips

This tasted grainy like potato but not so much. It was okay, not too flavorful.

[Photo Courtesy of William Yan]
Nervetti, Cannellini Beans and Sage

I am not a bean fan, but this tasted pretty good! The beans weren't mushy and I could taste the sages.

For dessert, there is a choice of Flourless Chocolate Cake & Pink Peppercorn Ice Cream or Bay Leaf Panna Cotta, Bearss Lime Curd & Amaretti. I am bias, I think the desserts were the best course in the whole night. I'm not saying the others are not good though! The Peppercorn ice cream surprised me because it tasted good even though it's peppercorn! The chocolate cake was so, so gooey, I love it! You should order some tea with it though because it was a bit sweet but I love the texture.

The panna cotta was good also! It was a little creamier than a flan and it was filled with bay leaf flavor. Yummy!

I will definitely go back to Incanto for the atmosphere; also, one of the 7x7 Big Eat List is Incanto's Pig Parts. I will definitely go back for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment