Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2010 Big Eat SF List: #8 Tartine Bakery, #21 Pizzeria Delfina, #35 Bi-Rite Creamery & #100 Ike's Place

#8 Morning Bun at Tartine Bakery

As always, Tartine Bakery always consist a long line...but it's worth the wait. The aroma from the baked goods tends to draw people in.

The morning bun looks like a crispy cinnamon roll covered in a sugar glazed and more sugar. It was crispy on the outside and super sticky on the inside. It was sweet and a bit cinnamon-y. I like it!

#21 Pizza Margherita at Pizzeria Delfina

Delfina's Pizza Margherita is a thin crust pizza with tomato, fior di latte mozzarella, and basil toppings. What made this pizza so good and so different from other thin crust pizza is the tomato sauce. It was very light and surprisingly sweet. I felt like I can eat the whole pizza if I want to because it is so light and yummy.

#35 Salted Caramel Ice Cream at Bi-Rite Creamery

I'd been to Bi-Rite a couple times before for their other flavors such as my favorite, Roasted Banana! As always, Bi-Rite's ice cream is creamy but light at the same time. The salted caramel ice cream at Bi-Rite was pretty good, but too sweet for my taste. I couldn't finish one scoop at all. Other than that, the salted caramel flavor is very intense!

#100 Menage a Trois at Ike’s Place

The line at Ike's Place is unbelievable. Their sandwiches are so good that there is always a line even late afternoon on a weekday. Make sure you call in ahead of time to at least place your order.

The Menage a Trois sandwich at Ike's contains halal chicken breast, real honey, honey Mustard, BBQ, pepperJack, swiss, smoked gouda and Ike's special "dirty" sauce. This is by far one of the best warm chicken sandwich I have. It was soft and warm, very flavorful and very comforting! Definitely worth the wait and I'm definitely eating more of it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment