Thursday, April 1, 2010

2010 Big Eat SF List: #22 Saigon Sandwich, #29 Bix and #48 Anchor & Hope

#22 Vietnamese Roasted Pork Sandwich at Saigon Sandwich
This sandwich tastes really good even though I had it when it was cold. It was just typical Vietnamese sandwich with French bread, pickled daikon, cilantro and meat. What made Saigon’s distinctively good is the roasted pork! It was so flavorful and not super salty.

#29 Tuna Tartare and a Gin Martini at Bix

The tuna tartare was pretty good. The flavor was different from the typical soy sauce, ginger and green onion tuna tartare. It was served on a crispy wheat chips, which made a good contrast between the mushy tuna and crispy chip. I could also taste some guacamole underneath the bed of tuna. It was a light and refreshing appetizers. I don’t like gin and I don’t like martini, but surprisingly, the gin martini was not as hard as I thought it would be. It was easier to sip compared to say a vodka martini, nevertheless, I don’t think it was that great to make me order it again or any other martini though.

#48 Angels on Horseback at Anchor & Hope
Love the ambiance of this restaurant, dim but casual…very chill and relaxing. I don’t usually eat oysters, but I’ll eat them if I have to, and boy, am I glad I did. Angels on Horseback is bacon wrapped fried oysters. Bacon flavor was strong but not strong enough to cover the oyster taste, so I could taste both the ingredients. The combination was delicious! Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment