Monday, April 26, 2010

2010 Big Eat SF List: #7 Slanted Door & #73 Rotunda

#7 Crab with cellophane noodles at the Slanted Door


The cellophan noodles at Slanted door was very aromatic. I can smell the black pepper and sesame oil. It was nothing like I imagined because it looked very simple. The dish contained two main ingredients, which are dungness crabs and cellophan noodles; nevertheless, it was very tasty. The dish was small but it costed $18, probably because of the crab. I am going to try to remake it one day, if it's not successful, I'll just go back for more.

#73 Popovers with strawberry butter at the Rotunda

The popover at Rotunda looked nothing like the picture on 7x7.com. It looks like a crossant, but was quite dry and non-flakey. Unlike other popovers I had, it was not warm and custard-liked inside. It tasted only okay to me. It was very airy, thus it is completely hollow inside and got cold very fast. I only had popover twice in my life so far, and the other one I had was more custard-like, so maybe that's why I'm bias right now. The strawberry was very light, but the strawberry flavor did not really stand out. I don't think I would go out of my way to get this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment