Friday, April 30, 2010

Jack in Box Deli Trios


Jack in the Box was giving out free Deli Trio grilled sandwich with any purchase last week. The Deli Trio consists of Genoa salami, sliced ham, roasted turkey, Provolone cheese and pickle filets with a creamy Italian dressing on grilled artisan bread, which was pretty big for a sandwich. Its calorie content worth as much as its size, coming in with 627 calories, 28g of fat and 2461g of sodium for the whole sandwich. That’s pretty much fills up half of my daily calories and fats, and exceed my daily sodium need. Needless to say, I still had to take a bite or two to see how it tastes. Thanks goodness for a sister who loves sandwiches and doesn’t get fat from eating unhealthy food.

I took two bites from her sandwich. I am amazed at how decent the sandwich taste when it is cold (even it is meant to serve hot); so I could only imagine how good it tastes when it is hot. I could taste the buttery Italian dressing on the grilled bread and the pickle filets--delicious! The pickle adds the right amount of tanginess to the sandwich. The cheese flavor was a bit strong, it definitely overpowers the meat. Even though I only took a bite or two, I was pretty thirsty from the saltiness. Overall, the sandwich as a whole is not bad, it is pretty average yet comforting, and oh yes, super salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment