Tuesday, April 13, 2010

King of Noodle

1639 Irving Street, San Francisco, CA
(415) 566-8318

I first heard about this place from my coworker, and thought I must give it a try since I love noodles. I came to King of Noodle on a rainny Sunday afternoon with my sister, and there was a line to get seats. The wait was dreadful because I was hungry and the aroma of food from the tiny restaurant smelled so good. The service was okay, it looked like family run and low on staffs.

I didn't know what to order at first besides knowing I want their noodle. After sighting a few tables ordering the same dishes, I assumed those must be good or specialty. My sister and I ordered the Homemade Noodle with House Special Sauce, Pork Dumplings with Napa Cabbages and Soup Dumplings.

Homemade Noodle with House Special Sauce - Long uncut noodle with black bean sauce, onions, string beans and tofu

By the time the waiter brought the bowl of noodle to the table, it was lukewarm. I wish it would be a bit hotter. The noodle was delicious! It looked homemade because it was so long and he waiter had to come over and cut it up for us. The sauce was really good. It wasn't super starchy.

Pork Dumplings with Napa Cabbage

These dumplings reminds me of the ones from San Tung. Nothing too special.

Soup Dumplings

I love the soup dumplings here. This was probably the second best soup dumplings I had (the best being Ding Tai Fung in Arcadia, CA). The wrap was thin but enough to hold all the stuffing and soup in. It was not overstuffed with meat, thus each dumplings have plenty of room for plenty of soup. The soup was very tasty and wasn't overly salty.

I would definitely come back here to try the other noodle dish because I like the noodle very much. Also, definitely order a couple plate of soup dumplings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment