Friday, March 12, 2010

Pacific Catch

1200 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA
(415) 504-6905
http://www.pacificcatch.com/
 
My friends and I went to Pacific Catch on a late Monday night for dinner. Pacific Catch looks like an Asian inspired grilled seafood restaurant. I always drive pass it and have always wanted to try it because there are always groups of people inside at this brightly lit corner restaurant. Pacific Catch looks modern and not too pricey but cultural enough to have sirracha sauce bottle on the table!
 
The service was pretty decent. The restaurant was pretty empty on a late Monday night and the waiter gave us water and brought us our food regularly.
 
Dungeness Crab & Corn Chowder – Dungeness crab, corn, sweet peppers, potato, bacon and cilantro pesto

My boyfriend ordered the Dungeness Crab and Corn Chowder for his starter. This soup came in a shallow plate sized bowl. The color of the soup was gorgeous! It tasted creamy and crabby, not fishy at all.

Pan Glazed Crab Dumplings – Dungeness crab with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Sauce

 
I ordered the Pan Glazed Crab Dumplings. There is actually real crab meat inside. It was very tasty but it was super duper salty.

Whole Dungeness Crab – Dungeness crab pan roasted with shallots, black pepper, butter and garlic noodles complete with bib

My boyfriend ordered the Whole Dungeness Crab. I did not try any of the crab but tried the noodle. I love it. It was not over infused with garlic and the noodle was soft and chewy.
  
Steelhead Trout (California) – slow-roasted tomato-lemon confit, grilled artichoke, basil aioli & steamed brown rice

For my entrée, I ordered the California Steelhead Trout. It tasted okay, a bit dry, salty and a little taste-less. I had to eat it with a lot of the sauce that came with it. The portion of fish was pretty small but the portion of rice was too much in comparison; but it’s okay because I need to rice to clear out the saltiness.
 
I don’t know if I want to go back to Pacific Catch just because everything tasted so salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment