Thursday, March 11, 2010

Osha Thai at Embarcadero 4

4 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA
(415) 788-6742
http://www.oshathai.com/
 
I went to Osha Thai with 12 of my other friends for a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. The service was terrible! My water was hardly filled and they are so eager to kick us out. They gave us the check when people were not even done with their drinks yet. To top it off, one of the workers told us that we need to go because there are people waiting for their tables.
 
Anyhow, onto the food!
 
Tuna Tower  - tuna tartare with cilantro, mango, avocado, toasted garlic and Sriracha-sesame sauce served with fried wonton

The tuna tartare was amazing! The tuna, mango and avocado combination was good already but to place them all on a piece of wonton strip just make it super perfect. The mushy-ness of the tuna and fruits and the crunchiness of the fried wonton strip balance each other out and thus, make a perfect mouth-feel and palette.


Papaya Salad - grilled prawns, shredded green papaya seasoned with lime juice, chili, tomato and crushed peanut

The papaya salad was nothing too out of the ordinary. It tasted very similar to other papaya salad I had before, very refreshing as always.

Spicy Eggplant - stir-fried eggplant, basil, fresh chili, red bell pepper with tofu

The spicy eggplant was okay. It was not spicy to me at all, and as always, the eggplants absorb a lot of oil.

Pad See You  - rice noodles pan fried with Chinese broccoli, egg, black soy bean sauce with beef

The Pad See You was pretty good! The noodle is different from all the ones I had before. It was softer yet chewy, kind of remind me of the chow fun you get in Chinese restaurant but more chewy. The noodle was very tasty. I thought it was nice for them to use sirracha as decoration on the plate because you can use it for the noodle.

To top my night off…my friends and I headed to the lounge for a sip.

Pinky Candy - Hangar Kaffir lime, Ginger Candy, Pomegranate juice, Fresh Lime

The Pink Candy tasted very unique. I don’t even know how to describe it, I think it came from the Hanger lime. The drink was too sweet for my taste.
 
Overall, the food was mediocore but good that there are a large selection. The service was terrible. I will go back a small group of friends wants to but definitely not with a large party. Maybe their other locations are better?

No comments:

Post a Comment