Monday, May 17, 2010

5A5 Steak Lounge


244 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA
(415) 989-2539
http://www.5a5stk.com/

I really like the atmosphere at 5A5. It is very classy and modern. The colorful ceiling was beautiful. I couldn't stop staring at it as I dine. The seats were very spacious and comfortable. The restaurant as a whole was very spacious also. It also turns into a lounge on Saturday night, and diners gets in for free. The service was okay. Our server was quite busy, so it took awhile for my friends and I to get our drinks. Also, the steaks took awhile to cook, so we waited quite long for them.

Tuna Tartare, Niçoise Flavors, Paddlefish Caviar

The tuna tartare was okay. I didn't understand why there are so much on top of the tuna. The escargo and tomato couldn't mix in with the tuna. The caviar and the quail egg white didn't really enhance the tuna, because the tuna was overpowering. It was just okay.

Truffle Fries with Sriracha Aioli, Truffle Oil

This is by far the best truffle fries I had so far because they were very generous with the truffle oil. I could taste it well--the amount was perfect. The sriracha aioli was very good. It wasn't spicy to me at all though.

6oz Filet Mignon with Savory Shiitake Mushroom Sauce

I asked my filet mignon to be cooked medium rare, and indeed it was medium rare. It was very tender and juicy. The shiitake sauce complimented it very well. I think the size was perfect after the appetizers.
Mmaitake, Golden Enokitake, Eryngii, Honshimeji, Sherry wine, and Garlic

Hmm hmm, MUSHROOMS! I like how it has a combination of mushroom in this dish. It is not oily and tasty. Love it!

I really want to go back for their filet mignon and mushroom. For the quality and taste, they aren't expensive at all, totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment