2 cups strawberries (halves)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
3 egg yolks
1. Mix the strawberries in balsamic vinegar and sugar and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Cook the mixture in a sauce pan until balsamic started to caramelize.
3. Place the strawberries and the caramelized strawberries into a bowl and chill in the fridge.
4. Heat the milk and sugar in a sauce pan until it almost boils.
5. Reduce the heat to low. Add a little bit of the milk mixture to the eggs to temper them.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the sauce pan. Cook at low heat until it coats at the back of a spoon. Do not let it boil.
7. Strain the mixture and put it in the fridge to chill.
8. Mix the milk mixture, cream and strawberry mixture together.
9. Freeze the mixture according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.
For strawberry bowl:
1. Slice some strawberries up.
2. Line a glass bowl with saran wrap, then line the sliced strawberries on it.
3. Let it freeze in the freezer for two hours or so.
4. Remove saran wrap when ready.
5. Let it chill a bit before eating.