Friday, June 11, 2010

Blue Velvet & Macarons Ice Cream Sandwich at Milk

7290 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 939-6455
http://www.themilkshop.com/

I love macaron cookies and nothing makes them even better than ice cream! After finding out that Milk makes their ice cream sandwiches with macarons cookies, I knew I must go try it when I am in Los Angeles. I then also found out that they are famous for their blue velvet cake. That sounds super unique and delicious, so I wanted to try that too. That night after dinner, my boyfriend and I were bloated, but I simply couldn't resist.

Milk is one of those classic ice cream parlor that also serves  bake goods, sandwiches, salad and drinks. Even at night, there are still many people getting their sweet here. They have indoor sitting as well as outdoor. It is one of those where you get a little number stand after you order, and they bring you your food.

They have many different flavor of ice cream, ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches to choose from. I could not decide so I let my boyfriend choose. He chose his favorite--mint chocolate ice cream...or as Milk calls it...the Grasshopper, which is mint chocolate chip ice cream covered in chocolate.

Grasshopper Ice Cream Sandwiches

Onto the cake! I have seen pictures of the cake, but it was nothing until I had bites of it. It was SO MOIST! It is the best moist cake I ever had! What impresses me even more was that they put just the right amount of frosting so that it was not overly sweet! This cake was beyond my imagination because as I was eating through it, bites were filled with blueberries! Oh my gosh! Moist cake plus fresh fruits! Love it! Well behind every good thing....there is also bad thing...


Blue Velvet Cake

Okay okay, this cake is too good to be true! As good as it gets going into your mouth...it's just not as good coming out. Let me warn you...they use a lot of fruit coloring...a lot! That is all. Well, don't let me scare you though, because I would definitely eat it again even though I get the "colorful" surprise after it goes down through the system.

Anyhow, I think Milk is a really nice spot enjoy lunch or dessert especially on a sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment