Saturday, June 12, 2010

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

20700 Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746
310-515-7700
http://www.fiveguys.com/

Five Guys Burgers in the East Coast is like In N Out Burger in the West Coast. Luckily, there is a Five Guys Burger in Carson, Southern California. I first heard about it through my boyfriend when he made a stop there with his buddies on their trip. After that, I was eager to try it.

What sets Five Guys Burgers apart from the other burger joints is the type of oil they use to cook their burgers and fries. They use peanut oil, so if you have peanut allergy, don't go there! Five Guys Burger also uses fresh ingredients--they have no freezers in any of their locations. Also, they give you a list of ingredients that you can add to your burger, thus gives you "over 250,000 possible ways to order a burger at Five Guys".

Oh, and did I mention President Obama loves this place?

Besides the vivid ingredients, Five Guys offers a regular burger with two beef patties or a little burger, which made with one patty.
Little Hamburger with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Grilled Mushroom, Ketchup, Mustard & Jalapenos

My Little Hamburger was not little at all. It was very juicy and flavorful. I could tell that the beef patty was patted together by hand because it crumbled easily with every bite. It tasted very fresh and beefy. The patty was very soft. I wish they grilled it though. The jalapenos was fresh also, I was so used to the pickled jar kind that I did not expect to see fresh ones. I love my grilled mushroom--it made the burger extra juicy and delicious.

It tasted nothing like In N Out since it doesn't use spread. I am not sure if the peanut oil made any difference though, but I am sure it added flavors to the patty.

Cajun Fries

Five Guys offers two types of fries--original and cajun. I never had the original fries but the cajun one tasted mighty darn good! It looked like just cajun powder sprinkled over the fresh cut fries, but it was not super salty at all. I usually don't really like the thick cut fries, but since it was made fresh, it tasted really good. I devoured half of that myself.


Even though Five Guys tasted really good, I still prefer my In N Out, probably because of the grilled buns and the spread. Nevertheless, Five Guys tasted well beyond regular burger joints and I would prefer it over other ones besides In N Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment