Saturday, June 26, 2010

La Pinata

2699 Merced Ave, San Leandro, CA. 94577 (510) 352-8901
http://www.lapinata.com/

I have been to La Pinata three times so far, and each time it was passed 10pm at night. I think if there is one thing I have to say about La Pinata, it would be pretty decent Mexican food that open later than In & Out. La Pinata opens unil 3am at night--large portion of late night food for decent price.

After being seated, a basket of tortilla chips and home made salsa were brought to the table. The chips looked pretty ordinary but the salsa was mighty delicious! It had a tang and spicy hit to it.

So far each time I was at La Pinata, I ordered a different thing off the menu. The menu was extensive--it was one of those that would take me ten minute or so to look through and pick out from. Geez, I never knew there were so much to a tortilla!

Anyhow, I ended up ordering a tostada and soup.

Tostada de Ceviche

My coworker Dezirae was the first to ever introduce me to tostada de ceviche. It is a fried small crunchy tortilla topped with lime juice-cooked fish and/or shrimps top and salsa. Oh yes, and in many occasion, topped it all off with slices or chunks of avocado. The portion of the tostada is huge. The fish was a little too chewy, otherwise, very good and refreshing! Also, it's awesome how the tostada was still crunchy after soaking in the lime juice and seafood for awhile.
Spicy Chicken Soup

I love this soup. Not only was it tasty, it was also filled with chicken pieces and vegetable. I ordered a small and I felt like they put half a chicken in there. Despite the chicken mainly pulled from the breast, it was very juicy and tender. The soup also came with avacado, which sounded weird at first, but after adding chunks of it into the soup--man o man, delish! They also have a similar one that is not spicy.

Even though I am not a huge Mexican food fan, I say La Pinata is very authentic and a pretty good place to go to especially late at night when everything else is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment