Monday, February 8, 2010

Cafeteria at Acadamy of Science

55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco, CA
(415) 379-8000

Since I was sick over the weekend, I didn't really bother to take much food pictures even though I ate a lot. So I decided to find something old and post it now that I am awake.

Awhile ago, my boyfriend and I went to Acadamy of Science. We didn't plan to eat there at first, but were running late, so ended up grabbing food from the cafeteria to save some time.

I ordered a curry chicken salad and a iced tea. My boyfriend ordered a chicken pho and Vietnamese summer roll. Man, all their food are pricey!! My curry chicken costed $10.50 and my boyfriend's pho and summer roll each cost $8.

Curry Chicken Salad - Baby romaine lettuce, marinated curry chicken breast, mandarin oranges and chopped almonds

I could not believe I paid $10.50 for this salad. I could get a better curry chicken salad with more lettuce, better tasting curry somewhere else for way cheaper like Ruby's in Emeryville. I know I know, I shouldn't have eaten there to begin with right? Anyhow, the lettuce leaves were bitter. The chicken was very rough and not tasty. The oranges were sweet and gorgeous, and the almonds definitely added a crunch to the salad. I don't think I would order this again.

Vietnamese Summer Roll

First look, two rolls for $8??! Even at pricer Vietnamese restaurant, they only cost about $6. Wait, but here's the catch. Even though these two rolls cost $8, there are actually a lot of ingredients inside. It's deceiving isn't it?

Unlike most Vietnamese restaurant's summer rolls, which usually contain lettuce, vermicelli, mint, basil, pork and shrimps, this one contains way more. On top of the above items, there are also marinated veggies, carrots, shiitake mushroom, woodear mushroom, and even tofu! It was super tasty! Pretty worth it!

I did not have a chance to taste my boyfriend's pho noodle, but I had a sip of the broth. It wasn't too tasty. It's beefy but blant. They give you decent amount of noodle but not enough chicken!

My iced tea was brewed with unsweetened lychee flavored black tea. It was strong and refreshing but bitter. I asked for lemon with my iced tea when I was ordering it because I did not know it was lychee flavored. The server was very friendly because she told me, it wouldn't taste good with lemon and that she could get me something other black tea they have elsewhere if I really want to put lemon in my tea. Oh yeah, the iced tea cost $2, which is pretty decent.

Yup, I don't think I want to spend so much money on food you can get elsewhere for less money. Although I must say, the food here does seem fresh, and probably are much healthier than those you get outside the acadamy. But of course, to save money, go visit the Acadamy of Science with a full belly or pack prepared food!

No comments:

Post a Comment