One of my coworkers loves making and bringing flan to our work potluck. I love it! It's smooth, creamy and not super sweet. It also smells so good! He said it's very easy to make, and he wasn't kidding. The recipe he gave me not only have few ingredients but also easy instruction (recipe from cooks.com).
Flan Spanish Custard
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 - 12oz can Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 cup Milk
3/4 cup Sugar (for Caramel)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a deep corningware dish, stir sugar in it at low heat until it becomes caramel.
3. In a blender, mix all other ingredients together and pour into corningware dish.
4. Place corningware into a bigger and deeper pan filled with water.
5. Bake for at least 1 hour (depends on how deep or shallow your baking dish is) or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Mixture may seem like Jello but it is cooked.
6. Take it out of the oven and let it cool and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
7. Loosen sides of flan with knife, and put plate over the pan and carefully invert it.
8. Scrape all the caramel over the flan.