Monday, February 15, 2010

Truffle Brunch

There is nothing better than making a quick and delicious brunch to enjoy a lovely and sunny Sunday afternoon. Anxiously, I wanted to try the La Rustichella White Truffle Pate I bought a day ago. I read that white truffle pairs well with eggs, pasta, risotto and Italian cuisine in one of my favorite and useful books I got--The Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburgg.

Anyhow, I really want to make truffle egg pasta, but I ran out of eggs, so as always, I just used what I got.

The white truffle pate smells super earthy as expected. Taste-wise, it's more peppery than black truffle. It is very unique. I don't even know how to describe it.

Much trial and errors are going to be done, and this is one of them; and so far so good.


Brunch Menu:
  • Drink: Lemon Key Limeade
  • Appetizer: White Truffle Pate Swiss Bruschetta
  • Entree: Whole Grain Pasta Tossed with White Truffle Cream Sauce

Swiss cheese spread on French bread toasted in oven, and drizzle with white truffle pate.
I chose a subtle cheese so that I can taste the truffle better.

White truffle pate simmered in cream. Whole wheat pasta tossed into the rich cream reduction.
Pasta indeed was a good pairing, I like it more than the bread.

1 part lemon juice, 1/2 part key lime juice and 2 part mineral water

Yummy in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment