- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 fresh Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, stemmed and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken thighs, drumsticks or wings
1. Blend all the ingredients except for the chicken together in a blender until it becomes a sauce.
2. Place the chicken in a large tray and pour marinade over it. Stir well. Cover tray with a saran wrap and pad the saran wrap so that it sticks to the chicken with the marinade.
3. Refridgerate overnight.
4. Let chicken and marinade cool to room temperature before grilling.
5. Oil your grill and place chicken over it.
6. Cook for about 15 to 20 mins and until internal chicken temperature reaches 165 degree F.
Happy Memorial Day!