Thursday, May 12, 2011

Low-Carb Veggie Burger

With some of the veggies patty left over from the last time I made it, I decided to make a low carb veggie burger. This is perfect considering how much burger buns I ate with the other veggie patties I had.
Stuff the softened veggie patty into a portobello mushroom. I chose one that's not ripe completely, so that the edge is still high and can hold the patty better.

Dig a hole with a round measuring spoon.

Brush a layer of olive oil onto that patty and the portobello bun.

The yellow yolk adds a very nice contrast to the red veggie patty. The quail egg can be eaten raw with the cooked "burger".
The quail egg can also be baked for a bit. When done, add a dash of chilli powder for taste.

I also add some black truffle pate for extra flavor. It will taste extra delicious with the quail egg.
It looks like a raw beef patty with a cooked bottom. It's also just as juicy or even juicier than a beef burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment