Monday, May 16, 2011

Sesame "Pudding"

I love pudding! I like the Chinese kind that are like jello but contains some sort of milk. Tonight, I craved almond pudding and sesame pudding. So I decided to combine the two.
Instead of getting black sesame powder, I used whole seeds since I have it at my pantry. Usually I would grind my own almond milk to make almond pudding because it creates a much richer flavor. But tonight, I was lazy. I used almond milk since I also have that in the fridge already.
In a food processor, pulse the sesame seeds for several seconds. Then add almond milk. This step can be skipped if use sesame powder instead.
Drain the seeds and the foam.
Save about 1/4 of the mixture and sprinkle unflavored gelatin onto it. Then in a pot, boil the remaining 3/4 of the mixture until hot, but not boiling. Pour the hot mixture into the cold gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin is dissolved. The almond milk gets creamier with the grinded sesame, and thicker with the dissolved gelatin.
Pour into molds, and refridge for at least 3 hours. Then serve!
This pudding tastes really good with bananas! I ate each bite with half a slice of banana for extra aroma and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment